We love writing about tech just about as much as we love providing tech support. There are so many different topics out there, it’s hard for us to choose what to share with our customers each week. We are revamping our blog for 2017 to bring you the most relevant articles to your life and business. Our blog this year will offer original content that will give you helpful tips, provide insights into what’s going on right now in the tech world and give you alerts about what to look out for now so that you can be on your toes when new viruses and threats come around.
To get you started, here are a few of our favorite blogs from the past, all in one spot for you.
- Increasing Windows Update Speeds – Nobody wants to sit down to work for the day and see the dreaded updates notification. This blog covers what’s new with updates for Windows 10 and how you may get your system updated so you can get back to work faster.
- The Next Data Breach? Tax Prepares Hit with Fake Phishing Emails – Criminals come up with new sneaky ways to try to get your personal information every day. That’s why we love to blog about the newest threats out there, so you can stay one step ahead of the scammers and spammers. This blog tells more about the latest IRS phishing scam and how to avoid becoming a victim.
- Why HTML5 Leads the Charge for Chrome – Google recently announced that it will roll out a default to every Chrome user where the browser will disable Flash and initiate HTML5 as a default. This means websites won’t be as flashy, but they also won’t be as crash-y. If you’re a techie geek or just a Chrome user who wants to understand what these changes mean for you, check out the details in our blog.
- 3 Ways to Protect Yourself from the 2016 Tide of Ransomware – Most computer users know not to click on links or open attachments unless you know the source, but ransomware architects are getting sneakier. They’re making very legitimate phishing emails that lure unsuspecting people into ransomware attacks. These criminals have even gone so far as to spoof police email accounts and email fake speeding tickets that include street names, driving speeds and real traffic data. Learn how you can protect yourself from these stealthy criminals in this blog.
- Stay in Operation with these BCP Strategies – Nobody is immune to disruptions like natural disasters, power outages and other unfortunate and unforeseen events. We’ve all heard the adage, “time is money.” Downtime in your IT system costs your business money. Learn how to protect your data, applications and servers so that you can have minimal downtime when there is an issue.
Looking for IT solutions for your small business in Northern Virginia? Make downtime a thing of the past by investing in our reliable and efficient technology solutions. Call 703-881-7738. And stay tuned for more informative blogs regularly throughout 2017.
CMIT Solutions of Northern Virginia provides a strategic approach to IT consulting that improves performance of your business technology in the most cost-effective way possible. Assisting businesses in Centreville, Chantilly, Dulles, Gainesville, Manassas and Haymarket, we can help you achieve the fastest return on your technology investment. Call 703-881-7738 today to see how we can help your business stay in business.