Before the days on the Internet, data loss was usually attributed to buggy software, system crashes, or user error. In our increasingly connected world, the factors that can contribute to data loss are complex and varied – as are the consequences of suffering significant data loss.
Facts About Data Loss
– Companies that experience computer system or network outages lasting more than 10 days will never fully recover.
– Of those affected companies, half will be completely out of business within 5 years.
– It is estimated that one-quarter of businesses experiencing major data loss never reopen.
– Nearly three-quarters of small businesses that experience major data loss go out of business within one year.
– 85% of manual or automated attacks on information systems happen to small businesses.
– The average cost of a data breach is $80,000.
Advances in computer technology and networked system infrastructure has allowed for incredible shifts in productivity, convenience, and accessibility for thousands of businesses around the world. The flipside, however, is the increased capability for hackers to infiltrate, access, and destroy your data. Maintaining and monitoring the integrity of your security systems is an around-the-clock job, and small to medium-sized businesses with no dedicated IT departments are huge targets for hackers worldwide.
If you’re a small business owner worried about your company’s network and data security, you owe it to yourself, your employees, and your customers to contact CMIT Solutions of Seattle for a systems analysis and consultation. Our dedicated team of security professionals can expertly assess the vulnerabilities in your system and recommend upgrades that can prevent unauthorized intrusions and crippling data loss. Contact us today!