Do You Speak ‘Cyber Security’?
Human intruders and Spybots hack networks, computers and data. Ransomware infections can occur just by visiting some websites – no ‘clicks’ needed! And malware and viruses infect networks through e-mails and their attachments.
Because there are multi-level threats, CM IT Solutions protects our clients with multi-layer security designed to minimize the possibility of hacking or virus infection. How?
1. ALWAYS include an automatic data backup solution.
2. Install separate anti-virus and anti-malware software.
3. Strongly consider installing an anti-ransomware application.
4. Receive automatic anti-virus and security patch updates from CM IT’s
Marathon managed services program. This is especially critical for IT
Security Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FINRA, and others).
5. Update firewall firmware regularly.
6. Require regular network vulnerability testing.
7. Most importantly, train all users to be careful and to use common sense.
– Use Passwords and change them frequently.
– Know the sender of e-mails and attachments that they open.
– Contact their IT professionals (e.g. CM IT) when they are unsure.