Lose less sleep.
As a seasoned IT professional the best thing I can say about working with CMIT/Cherry Hill is that I can sleep better at night knowing that they are monitoring our IT environment.
Since we started working with CMIT we have accomplished a great deal in 8 months:
1. They helped us migrate our locally hosted Exchange email to Microsoft’s Outlook.Office365 platform. Using Skykick the process took under 30 days for 180 users. The migration went very smoothly and all users are happy with the result.
2. Installed new Synology Network Attached Storage 20 TB devices in both Philadelphia and Boston and a backup unit in New Jersey. These new devices are fast and perform much better with our MAC and PC mixed environment. The data file transfers from our old NAS units all occurred overnight with a bare minimum of user disruption.
3. They have just installed our first Virtual Server in Philadelphia which is hosting four VM machines (a Domain Controller, Print Server and two key Application Servers.). In addition a Backup and Disaster Recovery (DBR) device will add a new level of security.
4. The Marathon service has added several features – Malware protection, new Antivirus protection and the IT Support tool with LogMeIn. The LogMeIn tool has allowed me to connect remotely to our Boston PC users and resolve many issues quickly. The Marathon service has also provided my users with a second level of IT support when I am unavailable.
5. CMIT has agreed to coordinate with my other contractors for support of the MAC devices in both of my offices.
6. CMIT/Cherry Hill is closely coordinating with the CMIT/Cambridge office to support the roughly 65 users in Boston. This has included network configuration, desktop support, new equipment installation and even some network and telephone wiring.
In conclusion, CMIT has added a professional level of IT support for Metrocorp (parent of Philadelphia and Boston Magazines) working in conjunction with me and my other contractors. I would recommend them to any small/midsized company who is looking to do the same.
–Daniel Shimberg, Director of IT at Metrocorp