What is cloud computing anyway?
Cloud computing or putting data “in the cloud” is another way of looking at technology. There are physical servers (file, application, etc.) in locations that keeps your data safe. Actually, it’s safer in “the cloud” than it is in your offices. Why is that? When data is in the cloud, it is far less likely to be stolen, or destroyed by fire or a natural disaster. Reputable cloud providers have your data stored in multiple locations in different areas of the country. In addition, the professionals that operate the data centers are constantly monitoring the computers for any issues including hacking and malware. They are apprised of the latest and greatest protections so your data remains safe.
Should you really care where your computer is located?
Let’s face it: most of the time, you don’t. As long as you know your data is safe and you have a high-speed wireless connection, you can work anywhere. That’s the beauty of cloud computing.
On the road, in the office, at home – cloud computing gives you the ability to work anywhere, from any device. Just connect your desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or hybrid to a high-speed wireless connection and you’re ready to go.
Yet plenty of questions still exist:
- WHICH CLOUD COMPUTING VENDORS SHOULD YOU TRUST?
- CAN THEY REALLY DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES OF AN INCREASE IN EFFICIENCY?
- HOW DO YOU SET UP CLOUD COMPUTING RESOURCES?
- ARE THEY EASY TO LEVERAGE IN THE RIGHT WAY?
- HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS WORKFLOW TO USE THESE RESOURCES?
- WILL AN UPGRADE IN BANDWIDTH BE REQUIRED?
- DOES A HYBRID SOLUTION MAKE THE MOST SENSE?
- CAN CLOUD COMPUTING ACTUALLY HELP ME SAVE MONEY?
- WHO OWNS THE LIABILITY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
- CAN I EXPECT THAT SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG?
- SINCE EVERYTHING RESIDES IN THE CLOUD, WILL I EVEN KNOW IF IT DOES?
- IF SO, WHO WILL FIX IT — AND HOW QUICKLY WILL THAT HAPPEN?
When it comes to cloud computing, you need an expert. That’s where we come in. We know how to manage systems. We’re experts at implementing change. We’ve integrated this new cloud computing technology into countless businesses — all in a cost-effective way that actually produces benefits our clients can see in their everyday operations.
Give us a call at (704) 271-4232 or (803) 619-1150 or use the FORM on the right to find the right cloud computing solution for your company.