Customer-Focused NETWORK ENGINEER – Flexible/Parttime
CMIT Solutions is the premier IT services franchise in the US. Our goal is to be the preferred IT business partner of small to medium sized businesses by providing a range of services and solutions – from installation, system maintenance and support to disaster recovery and training.
CMIT Solutions is currently seeking a knowledgeable Network Engineer to help us support and develop clients in the Rochester area.
The ideal candidate is interested in a long-term growth opportunity helping small and mid-sized businesses in the Rochester community achieve their business goals. The successful candidate will be a key technical resource for clients in the Greater Rochester region.
Candidates must be able to provide a full range of services and solutions – from installation, system maintenance and support, to disaster recovery and training – in a professional manner. Key responsibilities will be to assess, support, design, install, troubleshoot and maintain client Microsoft- based environments. Strong customer service / interpersonal communications skills are a must.
Flexible hours, parttime
Typically M-F 8am – 6pm; some after-hours is required
Technical Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, fixing, installation and configuration of Windows based workstations in stand alone, peer-to-peer and domain based networks
- Proficiency with repair of corrupted files and programs, restoring systems, data backup solutions, anti-virus software
- Previous experience working in a small business environment – peer-to-peer networks, 1-3 servers
- 3+ years assessing, designing and maintaining multiple client networks
- Strong knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting these devices
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and Small Business Server), Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Sharepoint
- Experience with VMware and Storage Networks a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience with Autotask preferred
Non-Technical Skills & Experience
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to project a positive service attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop rapport and present and promote products and services to potential clients/partners – needs to provide both pre-sales and post-sales support for clients
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to assess technology needs/requirements and develop a solution to meet them
- Ability to work in a disciplined, focused manner when working outside of an office environment
- High self-organization and multi-tasking skills
- Desire to grow with a startup IT Services company
- Applicant must own a reliable car and use it for transportation to client sites.
- Professional Skill development – opportunity to grow within role and advance as business grows
- Access to partner only self-study materials exclusively provided by leading IT vendors such as Microsoft, Symantec, COVAD and more.
- Access to all current Microsoft software to install and operate on your own equipment while you are employed with CMIT
- Purchase hardware and software for personal use at our cost
- Certification test fees paid if qualified
- Be part of a growing company and make an impact
Industry certifications (CompTIA A+ and Network+ preferred) a plus, but not a requirement for this position.
email us at email@example.com to apply.