Since I was on maternity leave in Aug/Sept, I'm behind on some of my readings. I found a great article from Channel Insider dated 9/23/08. We are in a good space to be servicing technology as the economic slow down (or crisis if you want to see it that way) will not drastically affect the services we provide. This article looks at the top 10 technologies that remain high in demand and produce healthy profits.
10. Point of Sales/Commerce Applications - Go Quickbooks - The CMIT family has many certified QB POS technicians so reach out and keep the business in the family.
9. Network Infrastructure - as Sun Microsystems said "The network is the computer." Small Business owners need network connectivity more than ever and we will continue to deliver.
8. Application Development - SharePoint anyone??? My expectation is that SharePoint development will take off this year and really help the small business.
7. Enterprise Application - SMBs are realizing that the cheap open source products they started using don't cut it. They are now looking to pay for feature-rich and dynamic applications that help optimize business performance.
6. Storage Solutions - I believe storage virtualization will grow in 2009 and beyond. For now, leverage CMIT's great prices with Dell or a managed hosted server through our partnership at Rackspace.
5. Business Intelligence Software - There is an opportunity for software sales but most importantly, professional services opportunities which means longer engagements and higher margins!
4. Mobility Solutions - Small Business owners will begin to make the entire office mobile so solutions for security and management will be on the rise.
3. Managed Services - Channel Insider describes it as "white hot". CMIT was one of the first solution providers to start selling managed services in Q4 of 2006. Less than 2 short years we have realized what a game changer it is for our industry. Dell and other big players will help educate the market that proactive management is a MUST. CMIT Marathon will continue to be a hot seller!
2. Software as a Service (SaaS) - The ease of management and upgrades will keep this on the top of the list. CMIT will continue to provide solutions like CMIT Anti-spam that make SaaS a key part of our services.
1. Security - We were right about launching CMIT Guardian as our next product line. This solution keeps the small business protected with an onsite and offsite backup strategy. With a 2008 profitability rating of 31%, there is no better time than to promote CMIT Guardian.
What a good article! Click here to view it for yourself.